Prayer for 2019: A call to pray for missions, leaders, and development

www.christianpost.com | 1/18/2019 | Staff
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/22/95/229583.jpeg

As 2018 passed into 2019, I found myself thinking about how to pray for matters on a global scale. Having had some time to ruminate on it now, I’d like to share some of my thoughts with you.

There is always a reason for hope for those in Christ. God, through His Son, has not only given us assurance of “good things to come” but also called us to actively participate with Him in reconciling this world to Him through Christ.

Believer - Pray - World - Things - God

The least a believer can do is pray for the poor and hurting in our world. Here are three things you can pray for and why they are important in God’s grand scheme of things.

God’s primary objective for the church is to preach His gospel to the world. Missions, both local and global, are made possible not just by the finances available for but also by the prayers of millions across the globe.

Year - World - Missions - West - Changes

2019 could be a challenging year for both local and world missions. In the developed West, rapid socio-cultural changes pose a serious challenge for evangelism. Problems originating from socially engineered ideologies on gender, religion, intolerance, and deep political divisions are some of the things that need our prayers. In the developing countries, missions face challenges from traditional obstacles such as oppression from religious majorities, legal barricades, and growing geo-political instability.

There is nothing out of God’s control. But God expects us to pray and support missions, in our neighborhoods and to the ends of the earth. It is God who enables us to share the gospel with others. Let us continue to ask God for His strength and guidance every day.

God - Leaders - Rulers - World - Leaders

God is sovereign, and He appoints leaders and rulers of this world. Nevertheless, we are called to pray for the elected leaders and those who are going to be elected...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!