11th Hour Preacher Party: What did you hear?

RevGalBlogPals | 1/18/2019 | Staff
magiccastlemagiccastle (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://revgalblogpals.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/img_2683.jpg

I am in Chicago at the seminary that I graduated from with an M.Div nearly 20 years ago, attending a class lead by Eric Law on Diversity and Context – diversity in congregations. I am with a group of M.Div student and D.Min students, along with a parishioner of mine, my curate, and me – the three of us are auditing the class. We are learning about Law’s Holy Currency and the Cycle of Blessing. Days are long but fruitful in discussion and thought. One of the things we did on the first day (Monday) was a Bible Study using the Gospel for this Sunday from the RCL: The wedding in Cana. Following the pattern that Law uses with his organization called, Kaleidoscope. It is similar to Lectio Divina in that the passage is read three times. Its different because the participants reflect on three different questions and each person is invited, by another participant, to speak on what they heard.

On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine gave out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what concern is that to you and to me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” Now standing there were six stone water jars for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons. Jesus said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: RevGalBlogPals
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.
Tagged: