Black Horse slowed down: Lloyds Banking Group confirms problem with 'Faster' payments

www.theregister.co.uk | 1/18/2019 | Staff
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2017/11/02/shutterstock_lloyds_bank.jpg

Lloyds and Halifax bank customers have been warned not to make repeat transactions as the group grapples with a technical glitch with Faster Payments.

The banks, along with Bank of Scotland, come under the Lloyds Banking Group umbrella.

Reports - Problems - Banking - Systems - Halifax

Reports of problems with the banking systems at Halifax and Lloyds began rolling in at about 09:00 GMT this morning, according to DownDetector.

Although some users complained they couldn’t log into the mobile app, or that it kept crashing, the main issue appears to be with Faster Payments. This is a UK initiative that aims to cut down payment times between different banks from days to seconds.

Issues - DownDetector - Customer - Payment - Faster

Similar issues were reported on DownDetector, with one customer saying: "Sent payment through Faster Pay, it has left my account but recipient hasn't received money."

Another said: "Same problem here, and when I tried multiple payments it paid one on the list but not the others. Now says Paid but nothing shown as Paid. A major problem. I just hope HMRC understand."

Lloyds - Bank - Twitter - Users - Issues

Lloyds Bank initially told Twitter users that it wasn't experiencing any issues:

But in a statement to El Reg, the Lloyds Banking Group said: "We are aware that some of our customers are experiencing problems with making Faster Payments. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible."

Halifax

Soon after, Halifax...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
Wake Up To Breaking News!