Two Pro-Impeachment Freshman Dems Placed on House Judiciary Committee

Washington Free Beacon | 1/18/2019 | Todd Shepherd
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/46803967_1140644836103336_8641137220712923136_n.jpg

BY: Todd Shepherd

Two newly elected Democratic House members selected to serve on the House Judiciary Committee are also on the record supporting the impeaching of President Donald Trump.

Committee - Selection - Reps - Joe - Neguse

The committee selection of Reps. Joe Neguse (Colo.) and Veronica Escobar (Texas) could be important, given that the Judiciary Committee heard the matter first before sending Clinton and Nixon impeachments to the full House.

"Kasie DC":

Kasie - Hunt - Evidence - President - Trump

Kasie Hunt: Based on what you know now, do you think there is evidence that would support impeaching President Trump?

Neguse: I do. I think there is sufficient evidence in the public square to indicate that this president has violated the constitution and ultimately, has committed high crimes and misdemeanors that would warrant impeachment.

Vote - House - Floor - Year - Representative

There was a vote on the House floor, over a year ago, in which Representative Green, I believe, from Texas essentially initiated the process by which a full investigation into whether the president has ultimately committed impeachable offenses could take place. I support that then, and I support that now.

Comments on impeachment by Escobar date to the earliest months of her campaign.

April - Escobar - Impeachment - Results - Muller

In April of 2018, Escobar at first suggested impeachment should hinge on results of the Muller investigation, but then grew more bold in a lengthy interview with the Texas Tribune:

ESCOBAR: That's why I say I think we have to wait until the investigation is over and wait and see.

Texas - Tribune

Texas Tribune: So you're not prepared to say now that you think that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...