LAQUAN MCDONALD: FORGIVE, DON’T FORGET, AND THEN FIGHT

Urban Faith | 1/17/2019 | Shari Noland, Urban Faith Editor
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://urbanfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/AP_19017795714433.jpg

I’m in Chicago and we’re reeling over a judge who acquitted three Chicago police officers of trying to cover up the 2014 shooting of Laquan McDonald. It’s hard not to feel some kind of way (insert eye roll here), even though officer Jason Van Dyke was convicted last year of second-degree murder and aggravated battery in the case and will be sentenced on January 18th. There were no cheers today. It’s almost like you could predict that someone had to take the fall, but the Chicago political machine that created an environment for this to happen churns on and it’s a win for the police “Code of Silence.” Ironically, today I happened to be reading a lot of Bible verses on forgiveness. “Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them” (Luke 17:4).

I remember when the Charleston church shooting happened a few years ago. I was in awe at relatives of the victims who stood up and bravely told that heartless crazy man that they forgave him. It was a powerful message of forgiveness. So what about these cops? Do we just pray and let it go? Not so fast. God knows what we did, where we did it, and who we did it to. He still loves us and forgives us. But that doesn’t mean he has forgotten about it. He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Urban Faith
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: