Racism On a Bun: ESPN Says President Served It Up to Clemson Football Champs

NewsBusters | 1/17/2019 | Staff
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/first_take_and_burgergate.jpg

With a charge of racism Wednesday, ESPN TV's First Take talk program unofficially launched its third season of Trump Derangement Syndrome. All three members of the leftist-heavy program took potshots at President Donald Trump after he fed fast food to the national championship Clemson football team in Monday's White House reception. First Take has been battering Trump (see here, here and here) ever since he became president two years ago.

Molly Qerim, the facilitator on First Take, alleged it's racist to serve fast food to a mostly African-American football team:

Football - Players - Sport - Food - My

"I don't know. I guess I took it very differently when I saw him giving the football players, predominantly black sport, and fast food. My thought went a very different place."

That unsaid place was widely acknowledged to mean racism on the president's behalf. Qerim's charge of racism drew a strong rebuke from author and radio host Clay Travis on his Outkick The Coverage blog:

Today - ESPN - First - Host - Show

"Today on ESPN’s First Take the host of the show, Molly Qerim, decided to drop the wokest of woke takes about the Clemson football team visiting the White House and dining on fast food there. The reason why Donald Trump bought thousands of dollars in fast food for the Clemson football team?

"Racism!

"Really."

The R bomb safely dropped, Qerim quickly shifted to a tweet by Reggie Bush, an 11-year NFL veteran and disgraced former Heisman Trophy winner in 2005, who lashed out at the White House celebration menu:

Qerim - First - Take - Colleagues - Stephen

Qerim's First Take colleagues Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman also added new entries to their substantial body of work on Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Smith said the fast food dinner was classless. "What I'm saying to you is that at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.