Ohio's new Gov. Mike DeWine swears on 9 Bibles during oath-of-office ceremony

www.christianpost.com | 1/17/2019 | Staff
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/22/95/229535.jpg

As President Donald Trump made headlines in January 2017 for swearing on two Bibles during his oath of office, Ohio's new Catholic conservative Gov. Mike DeWine took it to another level on Monday.

The former U.S. senator and state attorney general swore on a stack of nine Bibles during his official swearing-in ceremony that took place on his farm at midnight Monday morning.

DeWine - Decision - President - Children - Members

DeWine’s decision, however, was not meant to seven-up the president but rather to honor his children and members of his family that came before him.

According to a press release from the governor’s office, the nine Bibles include:

DeWine - Mother - Jean - DeWine

A Bible that belonged to DeWine’s mother, Jean DeWine.

Taking over the reins of the state from outgoing Republican Gov. John Kasich, DeWine’s oath was administered by his very own son, Ohio Supreme Court Justice Pat DeWine. Meanwhile, DeWine’s wife, Fran, held all nine Bibles.

Ceremony - Morning - Home - Cedarville - Oath

“During a short ceremony this morning at my home in Cedarville, I took the oath of office to become the 70th Governor of #Ohio,” DeWine wrote on Twitter. “I was honored that my son @PatDeWine administered the oath as I placed my hand atop nine family bibles held by my wife, First Lady @FranDeWine.”A spokesperson for DeWine told The Cincinnati Enquirer that the governor and first lady wanted there to be Bibles representing each of their eight children.

Immediately after taking the oath of office on Monday...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!