Gillibrand: ‘I Banned Corporate PAC Checks’ Because ‘My Values Are Never for Sale’

Washington Free Beacon | 1/16/2019 | Cameron Cawthorne
jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-16-at-2.40.39-PM.png

BY: Cameron Cawthorne

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) said on Wednesday that she will not accept campaign donations from corporate PACs or federal lobbyists because her "values are never for sale," but she previously accepted millions from those same entities during her time as a politician, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Gillibrand - News - Conference - Troy - New

Gillibrand held a news conference in Troy, New York following her announcement on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" Tuesday night, where she publicly disclosed that she was forming a presidential exploratory committee.

"I think it's important for people to know my values are never for sale, and that's why I banned corporate PAC checks. It's why I'm not taking money from federal lobbyists, and it's why I don't think individuals should have super PACs," Gillibrand said.

CNBC - Report - Wall - Street - Executives

She was also asked about a CNBC report claiming that she was reaching out to Wall Street executives to gauge whether they would be willing to support her during the Democratic primary. She didn't deny the report, but she argued that her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!