‘Drunk History’: After 12 Years, Creator Derek Waters Only Drinks When Getting Paid

IndieWire | 1/16/2019 | Staff
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/EvanRachelWoodasMaryShelley.jpg

Derek Waters has spent over a decade making drunk history. “It was just like, how do we six seasons and not let it get old? I want it to evolve,” he said.

Originally created as a Funny or Die web series in 2007, “Drunk History” has thrived on Comedy Central, educating the masses through reenactments of obscure and not-so-obscure history, as narrated by intoxicated storytellers.

Quotient - Drunkards - Folks - Reenactments - Comedy

While the fame quotient of the drunkards tends to be impressive, it’s the folks doing the reenactments who make this Comedy Central’s most star-studded series: Season 6 includes Evan Rachel Wood, Elijah Wood, Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell, Jack McBrayer, Vanessa Hudgens, Rachel Bilson, Amandla Stenberg, Alison Brie, Sugar Lyn Beard, and Josh Hartnett.

Seth Rogen as Dr. Frankenstein in “Drunk History.”

Sense - Waters - Person - Story - Party

“I didn’t want to go too meta, but I thought it made sense,” Waters said. “It’s about a person who tells a story at a party.”

Ferrell returning to “Drunk History” for the third time, Waters said, was “so exciting. I mean he’s our producer — he’s helped me out so much. But I’m still nervous. It’s still Will Ferrell. You want to please him. He’s dressed as Frankenstein’s monster telling me about his life.”

Cast - Waters - Priority - Show - Format

Serving his cast isn’t Waters’ only priority, as he remains focused on continuing to evolve the show’s format.

Waters hopes to do more...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...