2020: After Apologizing, Sanders to Meet with Women Harassed During ’16 Campaign

Breitbart | 1/16/2019 | Staff
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/wi/afp/10/685694_senator-bernie-sanders-has-rattled-by-accusations-women-on-his-2016-presidential-e1547165853731.jpg

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) will reportedly meet with women who said they were harassed while working on his 2016 presidential campaign.

According to a Monday BuzzFeed report, the Wednesday “meeting will be run by Jenny Yang and Pamela Coukos, two facilitators from Working IDEAL, a consultant group for workplace inclusion and diversity.” Sanders reportedly “arranged for a number of women and men to travel to Washington to meet with him and members of his senior staff,” and he “paid for their flights and hotel accommodations through his campaign account.”

Sanders - Contender - Thursday - Staffers - Campaign

Sanders, the potential 2020 contender, apologized last Thursday to the female staffers on his 2016 presidential campaign who were harassed by some of his top advisers.

“To the women on my 2016 campaign who were harassed or mistreated, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for speaking out. I apologize,” Sanders tweeted. “We can’t just talk about ending sexism and discrimination. It must be a reality in our daily lives. That was clearly not the case in 2016.”

New - York - Times - Staffers - Sanders

After the New York Times reported that some female staffers on Sanders’s 2016 campaign were harassed and paid less than their male subordinates, Sanders told CNN’s Anderson Cooper that he was unaware of the harassment that his female staffers experienced because he was “a little bit busy running around the country trying to make the case.”

Sanders came under fire for his response that many said was out of touch and showed that he may not be ready to be a Democratic presidential candidate in the “MeToo” era.

Part - Campaign - Women - Bottom - Heart

“It now appears that as part of our campaign there were some women who were harassed or mistreated. I thank them, from the bottom of my heart, for speaking out. What they experienced was absolutely unacceptable and certainly not what a progressive campaign, or any campaign, should be about. When...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.