PM risks a furious backlash from Tory Brexiteers

Mail Online | 1/16/2019 | Jack Doyle;Jason Groves for the Daily Mail
marisha (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/15/23/8575454-0-image-a-6_1547594270819.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/15/3678768038325995497/1024x576_MP4_3678768038325995497.mp4

Theresa May risked a backlash from Tory Cabinet Brexiteers last night after she signalled her intention to win over Labour MPs to get a deal through the Commons.

Moments after the deal was crushed, the Prime Minister said she would hold meetings with senior MPs 'from across the House' to find ideas that Parliament could support and take to Brussels.

Deal - Deal - Mrs - May - Outcome

Despite previously insisting 'no deal is better than a bad deal', Mrs May also said she did not think a 'no-deal' outcome was what people voted for.

Her comments will spark concern among Tory MPs – including in Cabinet – who fear Mrs May could try to soften the deal and Brexit to buy off opposition votes.

Yesterday - Cabinet - Meeting - Remain - Backers

At yesterday's Cabinet meeting, former Remain backers urged the PM to cut a deal with Mr Corbyn.

But a clear split emerged as more Eurosceptic ministers urged the PM to focus on getting fresh concessions out of Brussels, and party chairman Brandon Lewis warned the PM she could face a grassroots revolt if she reaches out to Mr Corbyn's party.

Mrs - May - Talks - Labour - Leader

Mrs May did not go as far as suggesting she would hold formal talks with the Labour leader.

But she could speak to biddable backbenchers who want the UK to leave with a deal. She told MPs: 'If the House confirms its confidence in this Government I will then hold meetings with my colleagues, the DUP and senior Parliamentarians from across the House to identify what would be required to secure the backing of the House.'

Comments - Cabinet - Strategy - Mrs - May

And in comments that will alarm those in the Cabinet who want a no-deal strategy, Mrs May used her speech at the end of the debate to say: 'I do not believe that is what the British people voted for, because they were told that, if they voted to leave, they could still...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.