James McAvoy Questions The X-Men’s Place In The MCU As ‘Beale Street’s’ KiKi Layne Campaigns For Storm Role In Reboot

The Playlist | 1/15/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/X-men-apocalypse-james-mcavoy-.jpg

2019 is a bit of an odd year if you’re an “X-Men” film fan. Normally, you’d be excited to know that this year brings not one, but two X-films to theaters with “Dark Phoenix” and “The New Mutants.” But, alas, it’s bittersweet (or just sweet, if you aren’t a huge fan of Fox’s interpretation of Marvel’s mutants) because Fox is scheduled to become officially acquired by Disney in the next couple of months, which essentially means these final two films are lame ducks.

But in a new interview with Yahoo, James McAvoy, one of the stars of the recent “X-Men” films discusses the pending Disney/Fox merger, particularly with how he sees the mutant superheroes melding (or not) with the current crop of Avengers.

X-Men - Marvel - Universe - McAvoy

“I don’t know if the X-Men could go into the Marvel universe, I’m not sure,” McAvoy says.

He continues, “Maybe they could? But I think what’s different about the ‘Avengers’ universe anyway is you’ve only got a couple of superheroes in the world. There’s a good amount, but there’s like a couple of football teams’ worth, you know what I mean? Whereas in the ‘X-Men’ world you’re potentially saying there are hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of [superheroes] and the social implication of that is different.”

McAvoy - Point - Contention - Superhero - Universes

McAvoy brings up another point of contention that might prevent the two superhero universes from coming together.

“In the ‘X-Men’ world, [superheroes] are ghetto-ized,” the actor says. “They’re ostracized and they’re feared. Whereas in the ‘Avengers’ world, they’re honored a bit more… and seen as heroes. We’re seen almost like immigrants that people are scared of in the world of mutants and humans. How do you resolve that?”

McAvoy - Marvel - Studios - Brains - MCU

Ultimately, McAvoy trusts Marvel Studios and the brains behind the MCU to do right by the mutants, “They’re very clever, they’ve done [the MCU] very well, so I’m sure...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!