NYT: FBI Abused Power on Clinton, But Pushes Bureau’s Trump ‘Russian Agent’ Theory

NewsBusters | 1/15/2019 | Staff
Fubu_chikFubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/nyt_russia_trump.jpg

How does the New York Times (and especially reporter Peter Baker) treat accusations that the F.B.I. overstepped their authority in a politicized effort to take down a president? That depends on who is president.

On the front page of Monday’s New York Times, Peter Baker’s “news analysis,” “Trump Faces ‘Nonstop’ War For Survival,” used an overhyped Times blockbuster about an FBI counter-intelligence investigation, in order to spread the idea Donald Trump was a “Russian agent”:

President - United - States - Weekend - Agent

So it has come to this: The president of the United States was asked over the weekend whether he is a Russian agent. And he refused to directly answer.

The question, which came from a friendly interviewer, not one of the “fake media” journalists he disparages, was “the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked,” he declared. But it is a question that has hung over his presidency now for two years.

New - Reports - Weekend - Sense - Siege

New reports over the weekend added to the sense of siege at the White House. The New York Times reported that after Mr. Trump fired the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, in 2017, the bureau opened an investigation into whether the president was working for the Russians.....

So what does Baker think of this story about the FBI going after Trump, one that has the President’s supporters crying foul against the FBI? Baker is on the bureau’s side:

Talks - Shutdown - President - Part - Weekend

Instead of talks to end the shutdown, the president spent at least part of his weekend defending himself against the suspicions about his affinity for Mr. Putin. He insisted that he has actually been tougher on Russia than his predecessors and that the F.B.I. was led by “losers that tried to do a number on your President.”

Yet Baker took the completely opposite tack on the FBI when the bureau was accused of abuse of authority against Bill Clinton during the Monica...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!