CNN Analyst Accuses Black SiriusXM Host David Webb of ‘White Privilege’

Breitbart | 9/22/2016 | Staff
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/08/David-Webb-Getty.jpg

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accused SiriusXM Patriot 125 host David Webb of “white privilege” during a debate on his radio program on Monday morning.

Webb informed Martin that he is, in fact, black.

Discussion - Debate - Confirmation - Hearings - President

The discussion began with a debate about the confirmation hearings of President Donald Trump’s nominee for attorney general, William Barr.

They later moved on to the question of racial diversity in cable news. Recently, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) called out CBS News for failing to hire any black journalists to cover the 2020 election.

Webb - Martin - Opinion - Controversy - Idea

Webb asked Martin for her opinion on the controversy. She said she rejected the idea that there were not enough black people interested in journalism, and noted that many had spoken out on social media about their interest. Martin also agreed with Ocasio-Cortez that it was not acceptable for media outlets to claim there were not enough journalists of color available.

To that, Webb responded that he had “31 years” of experience in media, adding: “I’ve seen the coverage, and I’ve also seen it change, generationally … I have not seen the lack of [diversity], I’ve seen, actually growth in it.”

Webb - Martin - Black - Entertainment - Television

Webb also asked Martin whether Black Entertainment Television (BET) would have to hire a white or Hispanic reporter.

Martin said that was up to BET, but that networks with diverse audiences should have on-air personalities that reflect that diversity, especially with the wide diversity of candidates expected in the Democratic presidential primary in 2020.

Webb - Qualifications - Factor - Color - Issue

Webb argued that qualifications should be the deciding factor. “I never considered my color the issue. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!