Gillette’s New Ad: The Boys Watching Today Will Be the Men of Tomorrow

Brandon Cox | 1/15/2019 | Staff
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://brandonacox.com/wp-content/uploads/Screenshot-2019-01-15-08.09.54.png

YES!!!

The ad points people to visit TheBestMenCanBe.org, where you can read about Gillette’s pledge to help men get better and to invest $1 million per year for the next three years into programs that promote better models of masculinity, starting with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

People - Media - Gillette - Messaging - Others

Some people on social media are praising Gillette for the messaging while others feel it’s too political, too emotional, and pushes a social agenda instead of simply selling razors. Still others raise the point that all the attention is good for their bottom line – it’s a business decision.

As for me? I don’t care about any of that. As far as I’m concerned, I’m extremely glad this message is getting out! In fact, I like it when businesses are willing to go beyond product sales and positively impact their surrounding culture.

Idea - Man - Brutality - Bullying - Superiority

The idea that “being a man” automatically involves brutality and bullying or sexual superiority and dominance is a lie from the pit of ****. It’s a warped confusion of man’s identity.

Men ought to be strong,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Brandon Cox
Wake Up To Breaking News!