WashPost Gushes 'Half' the DC Press Turns Out for Cheney-Bashing Film at the 'Newseum'

NewsBusters | 1/12/2019 | Staff
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/vice2.jpg

There is a serious clash between the notion that today's Washington press corps has an almost religious devotion to the Facts and Hollywood's way of swirling facts into nasty fiction against conservatives.

This clash was illustrated by the "Newseum" in Washington hosting a screening of Vice, the truth-defying movie that turns Dick Cheney into a cartoonish "sociopathic monster," in the words of screenwriter/director Adam McKay.

Gossips - Washington - Post - Occasion - Party

The gossips at the Washington Post found this occasion a natural party for Democrats and the national media -- or, as Chris Plante says, "but I repeat myself."

Good thing breaking news held off for a few hours — the showing was attended by what seemed like half the city’s press corps, including CNN bureau chief Sam Feist, CNBC correspondent John Harwood and USA Today bureau chief Susan Page. Congressional business seemed on pause, too: We spotted Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-N.J.) working the room, and seen among the audience were Reps. Ami Bera (Calif.), Madeleine Dean (Pa.), Robin L. Kelly (Ill.), Marc Veasey (Tex.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.) — all Dems, natch.

Town - Fourth - Estate - Night - Distraction

The town’s Fourth Estate clearly needed a night of sort-of distraction (yeah, the movie was about politics, but it was still popcorn-worthy). Our evidence? The mob at the bar. Overheard from a gaggle of White House reporters bellying up for glasses of cab: “I needed this — it’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.