Playing it Safe — Not My Style — And, Often Not God’s Plan

Ron Edmondson | 1/14/2019 | Ron Edmondson
cv2angels (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/parachute.jpg

A number of years ago, I observed a characteristic in me I hope is not permanent.

After our boys moved out of the house, we moved to a downtown condo. The condo sat on a hill, overlooking the river district of our community. We loved the view, but it presented a problem on windy days. We had to weatherize our front porch every time we suspected a storm, turning over the furniture and making sure everything was secure.

Night - Cheryl - Wind - Porch - Porch

One night Cheryl heard the wind picking up and asked if we should prepare the porch. What she really meant was I should get up and prepare the porch, but I love the gentle way she “suggests” such things. Getting up at 1:30 AM to step onto my front porch in my boxers has never been my idea of fun, but I do like a happy wife, so I headed out to do my job. When I got back into bed she thanked me to which I replied:

“Better safe than sorry.”

Thought - Phrase - Years

Instantly the thought occurred to me. I would have never used this phrase a few years ago.

“Better safe than sorry” has never appealed to me before. Sounds like something my mother would have said to me.

Change - Life - Things - Others

I like risk-taking. I embrace change. I lived my life running to things others say can’t be done or they aren’t willing to try.

Even more, I’ve made a commitment to walk by faith — but this is more than a spiritual decision. It’s a personal wiring. It’s in my DNA. I’ve been a small business owner – with success and failure. God led us to plant two churches and we took on two church revitalizations.

Fact - Sorry

In fact, I’m scared of “better safe than sorry“.

What happened to me? Am I that old?

Times - Night

Granted, there are times to play it safe. The night...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...
Tagged: