A La Carte (January 14)

Tim Challies | 1/14/2019 | Staff
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-MON-940x492.jpg

Today’s Kindle deals include several good books from Crossway, including one of my all-time favorites: Owen’s Overcoming Sin and Temptation.

I enjoyed this reflection on God’s goodness and our complaining. “God’s plan is to do a new thing; he’s making us holy like he is holy, removing sin fully from our hearts so we can one day live with him in glory. His faithfulness is steadfast to the work he began in us and in creation. The things we complain about are the very tools used by God to complete the work in us. He can’t be unfaithful to himself, so he can’t be unfaithful to us.”

Lot - Time - History - Church - England

I have spent a lot of time reading about the early history of the Church of England which makes its current path all the more painful to watch. Stephen Watkinson says this: “2019 is going to require courage for Christians and church leaders in the Church of England. Many thought they could wait until the Living in Love and Faith report in 2020. The House of Bishops’ guidance has changed that. A red line has been crossed and our church has enshrined heresy. If we are to be faithful, we have no option but to act.”

Conrad Mbewe offers the question from an African perspective.

“Who doesn’t love to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: