Let’s Change the Questions We Are Asking

(in)courage | 1/14/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/01142019_ReneeSwope_NothingWrong-1200x858.jpg

“What’s wrong with me?” I asked myself in a frustrated and condemning tone. I had forgotten an appointment and missed an important call that morning, so that same question had popped into my head more than once.

But it wasn’t just a question, it was an assumption, a label of defect I slapped on myself every time I asked it — not just that day but on so many other days. When I forgot to do something important, was late for a meeting, yelled at my kids, lost my keys, missed a deadline, or walked into a room and couldn’t remember why I went in there. The list was endless.

Time - Something - Fault

And every time I asked, “What’s wrong with me?” I actually told myself that something was wrong with me, and I would try to figure out my elusive fault so I could fix or hide it.

But that morning was the first time I started to recognize what I was doing and how damaging it was to my soul, to my mindset. It wasn’t making things better; it was making things worse. Something needed to change.

Something

I was tired of telling myself something was wrong with me.

I was tired of trying to figure out and fix my elusive faults.

Defect

I was tired of feeling like a big defect.

What about you? How often do you berate yourself with questions and assumptions that make you feel defective?

Reasons - Reason - Enemy - Anything

I think we all do it for different reasons, but I believe we have at least one reason in common. We have a spiritual enemy who is a pro at pointing out all that is wrong with us (real or perceived) and helping us forget anything that is right with us.

Scripture tells us that when Satan lies, he speaks his native language because he is a liar and the father of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: