Bradley Whitford on ‘Valley of the Boom’ and a Possible ‘West Wing’ Revival

Collider | 1/13/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/valley-of-the-boom-bradley-whitford-05.jpg

From creator Matthew Carnahan (House of Lies), the National Geographic series Valley of the Boom follows the rise and fall of three different companies – Netscape, TheGlobe.com and Pixelon – whose founders were trying to change the world using the technology of the internet. With an unconventional hybrid of scripted storytelling and documentary interviews with the individuals whose stories are dramatized in the show, the six-episode series illustrates how a con man, college dreamers and professional businessmen were all able to make their mark on the industry until it all came crashing down.

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, actor Bradley Whitford talked about the appeal of playing former President and CEO of Netscape Communications Corporation James Barksdale (who is also featured through interviews), whether he met the real guy, how much he knew about Netscape prior to this project, how much of a role technology plays in his own life, and the fun of getting to do some of the crazy things that take place in Valley of the Boom. He also talked about whether he’d be game to be a part of a revival of The West Wing and why it’s dangerous to even consider doing it, as well as his desire to take more responsibility for the stories he’s a part of telling.

Collider - Thank - Fan - Work - Adventures

Collider: Thank you so much for chatting with me. I’ve been a fan of your work since Adventures in Babysitting.

BRADLEY WHITFORD: Good, god! That was in the ‘80s, right? Jesus!

Valley - Boom - Project - Mix - Documentary

Yes, it was. And Valley of the Boom is clearly a very different, but interesting project, especially with this mix of documentary and narrative storytelling.

WHITFORD: Yeah. When I read the script, I was incredibly excited about it. You have no idea, when a director is trying to do something this cutting edge and joyous, if it’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!