50 YEARS LATER: An Everyman Reflection on the Revolution of Vatican II

The Remnant Newspaper | 1/12/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/images/2018/norman_rockwell_granny_leads_prayers.jpg

I am not qualified to discuss any of this as a theologian or philosopher or church historian or canon lawyer or even as someone with an opinion that deserves to be heard. I am just someone who has lived right through this revolution, who has seen it develop, who has watched the tragedy unfold right up to the disastrous pontificate of Pope Francis. I have seen and experienced it from within and in a sense have regarded it from without. Not in the sense of being outside the Church but in the sense of comprehending to a degree the bigger picture as the plot unfolded. I am an eye witness who is at least entitled to reflect on the tragedy I have lived through as a child, a youth and an adult, as a father and grandfather. A priest said to my family many years ago that, given constant exposure to the new mass, a family’s faith would be largely extinguished within two generations. This little vignette bears those prophetic words out, but it is not all doom and gloom.

I was five years old when Vatican 2 commenced in 1962. Obviously I was completely unaware of what it was let alone its possible ramifications. As I grew I went to the local parish primary school and became an altar boy serving novus ordo masses. However from my earliest memories I recall Dad having animated conversations and sometimes arguments with relatives and friends and even Mum about things happening in our Catholic Church and it was only over the course of years that I began to understand what was being discussed and what was at stake. I developed this awareness by osmosis rather than by lectures and study.

Newspaper - Subscription

Do you have a Remnant Newspaper subscription?

In the early 70s my parents began driving...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Remnant Newspaper
Wake Up To Breaking News!
True or False Prophet, check for God keeping seal of approval.