Small-Screen Stream: ‘Atlanta,’ ‘Black Mirror’ and Other Streaming Series to Catch Up on in the New Year

/Film | 1/11/2019 | Lindsey Romain
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/bandersnatch.jpg

It’s a brand new year and the slates are wiped clean – which means it’s time to start playing catch-up with TV-watching once again! The endless viewing cycle never ends, but streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu make it easy to sit back, light up the screen, and get lost in a new series. I, for one, spent my holidays watching nothing but junk-food TV, so I’m anxious to get back into some higher-quality territory. For this week’s Small-Screen Stream, I plucked out some series I’m catching up on and that you might like to check out, too.

This series gained some steam on Twitter last week, igniting a debate about whether or not Marie Kondo – a Japanese organizing consultant and author – was right in some of her tidying advice. Is it O.K. do throw out your books, or are they vital instruments in your life’s journey? I don’t really have the answer to that, but I do enjoy the **** out of Kondo’s de-cluttering advice, which I used in my recent move thanks to her books, and can now live out in this charming, informative series.

Marvelous - Mrs - Maisel - Amazon - Prime

I probably don’t have to tell you that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is great and that the second arrived on Amazon Prime in late December. I also probably don’t have to tell you that this show is a major and beloved hit that is racking up awards left and right. But if you’ve somehow missed the boat, here is my solid recommendation for this pitch-perfect series about a housewife turned stand-up comedian played by the delightful Rachel Brosnahan.

Atlanta is a perfect TV series. I say that having only seen the first season, a bizarro mishmash of tone and genre storytelling from Donald Glover, set in the rap scene of his Georgia...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!