When Our Faith Is Worked Out in the Wilderness

(in)courage | 1/12/2019 | Staff
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/01072019_Allen_GoodFather-2-1200x858.jpg

2018 is done! Hallelujah! I am not going to lie. I am so glad it is over. 2018 hit me hard in every way imaginable — relationally, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and spiritually. There were moments when I honestly believed it would take me out. It was probably the most traumatic year of my life. But God was ever so kind to me by bringing new friendships into my life and giving me experiences that have changed me forever. He brought growth and freedom I’ve never known before.

I know that God was not the author of anything bad that happened, but He sure has brought immense good out of it. That is what He does, that is who He is.

God - Father - Children - Wilderness

God is a Father who is good to His children — even in the wilderness.

And there are some things we experience in our wilderness seasons that we don’t always experience in our mountaintop experiences. “In Hebrew, the word for wilderness is midbar. It is surely interesting that the root of midbar has the meaning of ‘speak’ or ‘word.’ God speaks to us in the wilderness” (Word of God Today).

2018 taught me that:

1. He refines us.

One - Word - Pruning - Gardener - Gardener

No one likes the word pruning, unless you’re a gardener. A gardener knows the bloom that awaits after the pruning. In the midst of our pain, we can’t even fathom what’s on the other side, let alone making it there. But that’s not our job. Our job is to trust God’s ways and timing in the midst of our process. He sees all that draws us away from Him and all that does not honor Him. He cuts those things away only for our good and because He loves us. He prunes us to make us more like Christ. He prunes so that we may...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: