Trusting God With My Life Falling Apart

ChurchLeaders | 1/11/2019 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/1.12.HOME_.CC.LifeFellApart.jpg

Let me go ahead and say what many of you are thinking: Trusting the Lord does not mean everything will go OK for you. There is a thing called “disappointment with God,” and if you do not know how to navigate this truth when your difficult time comes, you will have a hard time recovering.

The preacher blared from his pulpit, “You follow God and He’ll take care of you.” And there were a smattering of hearty “Amens” throughout the church building, followed by, “You preach it, brother.” Everyone went home happy and confident that life was going to be OK because God takes care of those who give their lives to Him. That was the message Biff heard as a 20-something-year-old new convert. Biff is 43 today.

God - Lord - Care - Way - How

He’s divorced, hurt and angry at God. The Lord did not take care of him, at least not the way that he expected. How many of you can relate to Biff? Maybe you were not divorced, but your life took turns that you never expected, especially after you made your decision to follow Christ.

Biff’s story is most definitely my story. I was a 25-year-old biblically illiterate young man who trusted Christ. Somehow I picked up on the notion of God taking care of me and things would be different—according to my expectations.

Beginning - Walk - Jesus - Life - Family

At the beginning of my walk with Jesus, life was refreshingly different, and mostly positive. I came out of an abusive family structure and the drug culture. I guess looking back on it reflectively, how could religion miss? I mean, anything was better than the life that I was living. And so it was. God was new, fresh, alive and pure. For once I was living a preferred life.

Then there was a bump in the road, and I fell off the “God will...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?
Tagged: