Roseanne Barr claims ABC fired her from spin-off show because she is Jewish and supports Israel 

Mail Online | 1/12/2019 | Leah Mcdonald For Dailymail.com
brunodeuce44 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/23/8420480-0-image-a-2_1547251182938.jpg

Roseanne Barr has claimed she was fired by ABC from the reboot of her hit sitcom because of antisemitism.

The 66-year-old comedian was fired by ABC in May just a day after she posted a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, a former adviser in the Obama administration.

Interview - Week - Barr - Executives - ABC

In an interview this week, Barr said the executives at ABC treated her unfairly because she is Jewish and supports Israel.

'I feel that what happened to me, a large part of it is antisemitism', the Jewish actress told The Jerusalem Post in a phone interview from her home in Hawaii.

Part - Fact - Commentary - Iran

She added: 'I think it played a part - the fact that I was never allowed to explain what I meant - and what I meant was a commentary on Iran - so they purposely mischaracterized what I said and wouldn't let me explain.

'And in haste they did something unprecedented that they've never done to any other artist.

'And - Base - Person - Israel - BDS

'And at the base of that I think it's because I am the most vocal person about Israel and BDS'.

In the tweet about Jarrett, who was born in Iran to American parents and lived in Shiraz, Barr claimed: 'Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes had a baby=vj'.

Hours - ABC - Roseanne - Year - Ratings

Within hours ABC announced it was canceling Roseanne, which was rebooted earlier that year to massive ratings.

At the time, the network said Barr's tweet was 'abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show'.

Month - Network - Show - Barr - Title

The following month the network decided to bring back the show without Barr, giving it the title 'The Conners'.

The BDS campaign promotes boycotting Israel and its products until the Jewish state removes settlements from the West Bank.

Barr - Israel - Weeks - Event - Experiences

Barr will travel to Israel in two weeks for an event and will discuss her experiences with antisemitism and her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.