Listen: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ EP Alex Kurtzman on ‘Dangerous’ Introduction of ‘TOS’ Characters

Variety | 1/11/2019 | Joe Otterson
ZorraZorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/alex-kurtzman-tv-take-podcast-variety.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Welcome to “TV Take,” Variety‘s television podcast. On this week’s episode Daniel Holloway, Variety’s executive editor of television, sits down with “Star Trek: Discovery” showrunner Alex Kurtzman to discuss the show’s upcoming second season on CBS All Access.

Later, Variety‘s TV critics Caroline Framke and Daniel D’Addario discuss HBO’s “True Detective” Season 3 and Netflix’s “Sex Education.” Then, Holloway and Variety TV reporter Joe Otterson discuss the latest developments with the “Game of Thrones” prequel pilot.

Kurtzman - Showrunner - Discovery - Exit - Co-showrunners

Kurtzman took over as showrunner on “Discovery” following the sudden exit of co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg back in June. According to Kurtzman, his love for the show drove him to take over himself rather than hire an outsider.

“Without getting into a lot of specifics about what happened in the room, I think that there were issues between the writers and I really felt strongly that I did not want to go out and look for somebody else,” he said. “I’d come to a place where I had fallen deeply in love with the show and it was incredibly important to me, and remains incredibly important to me, for the staff to be happy. Because what we have to do is monumental and you can do hard work, but it’s really hard to do hard work when people aren’t happy.”

Kurtzman - Introduction - Enterprise - Captain - Pike

Kurtzman also addressed the introduction of the Enterprise, Captain Pike, and Spock, which were teased at the end of Season 1 and will make up a major part of the story in Season 2.

“Maybe I was a little bolder because we did it in the films, so I felt like...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??