Robots, poop sensors and a dog food cannon: The bold new tech of CES 2019

CNET | 1/11/2019 | Claire Reilly
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/EUEC-AhWS0_9AJcAp6FxjrMJ82o=/724x407/2019/01/08/85f7102a-2a54-4768-a013-06b90d189b50/scenario-sensor-1-1.jpg

The Babeyes camera records videos from a baby's point of view.

CES has been running for 52 years and if feels like I was at all 51 of them. Like many in the tech industry, I feel like I mostly know what I'm going to get when I arrive at the world's biggest tech show. Cavernous halls filled with the world's biggest brands, dazzling TV displays, wafer-thin computers and futuristic cars that look ready to drive me to space.

Share - Game - Changers - Phone - Hitters

Yes, you'll find your fair share of unexpected game changers (and the occasional foldable phone). But you know the big hitters -- the Samsungs, LGs, Sonys and Intels of the world -- are going to do what they do best: Big booths, sleek counters and perfectly groomed cadres of brand reps in pressed white polo shirts.

But for the past five years, there's been another part of CES taking on the tech establishment.

Road - CES - Halls - Floors - Sands

Down the road from the main CES halls and spread across two floors at the Sands Expo Hall is Tech West. For the past five years, this part of CES has been offering up something a bit different. And every year, when they open the doors at Tech West you literally do not know what you're going to get.

You want a talking robot? You got a talking robot! You want a box that blow dries your dog? Bam! Tech West. You want a poop sensor for your baby's diaper? Hey there, weirdo, you'd better believe this is the show hall for you. If it inflates, cleans your teeth, shoots food at your pet or has the cold dead eyes of a robot serial killer, it's in Tech West.

Brands - Tech - Players - Downstairs - Hall

These are the offbeat brands, interesting tech players and, downstairs in the startup-focused hall known as Eureka Park, the companies often run by one or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!