Grieving man spends four months creating a £12,000 jungle play area for his late brother's pet cats

Mail Online | 1/11/2019 | Bryony Jewell For Mailonline
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/11/8397658-0-image-a-40_1547206194004.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/11/8900961106381028249/1024x576_MP4_8900961106381028249.mp4

A grieving brother has spent £12,000 ($15,000) turning his basement into the ultimate cat jungle for his brother's pets.

Hilton Patton, 28, from Edmonton, Alberta, in Canada, spent all his money and maxed out his credit cards to give Bengal's Benji and Nala the purr-fect play area.

Months - Drywall - Walls - Lights - Playground

It took him more than four months of hanging drywall, putting up shelving, carpeting the walls and installing lights to create the impressive playground.

Hilton built the feline fun-house while grieving the loss of his brother Boston, who tragically lost his life to suicide last year at the age of 24 after battling with PTSD.

DIY - Knowledge - Cats - Everything - Walls

Although he had little DIY knowledge, the cats now have everything from walls they can climb, high ledges to race around, scratch posts, snoozing spots and toys.

Hilton, a software engineer, said: 'I just knew I wanted to do something for Boston and something he would have loved.

Thing - Bengal - Cats - Kind - Jungle

'I wanted to make a jungle thing as Bengal cats are kind of from the jungle and it all went from there.

'Benji likes to climb, which I could tell as Boston's place had lots of holes in the walls, so I put carpet up on the walls so they could do that until their hearts were content.

'I - Level - Satisfaction

'I cried when I was finished, it didn't feel like I thought it would, I felt a level of satisfaction thinking how perfect it was.

'The cats love it so much, it's really cool since letting them down there. I can hear them jumping on the shelves, they climb the walls like crazy.

'I - Time - Boston

'I try to spend as much time as I can there, it feels as close as I can be to Boston.

'I wanted the cats to feel that he had a presence there still and that he can look down on them, it would be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country