Assistant manager carried a baby who was was destined to die so her organs could be donated 

Mail Online | 1/11/2019 | Alexandra Thompson Senior Health Reporter For Mailonline
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/11/11/8398648-0-image-a-55_1547206000561.jpg

A mother carried a baby who was destined to die so she could donate her organs to other infants in need.

Krysta Davis, 23, and her partner Derek Lovett, 26, of Cleveland, Tennessee, were told 18 weeks into her pregnancy that the baby was suffering from the severe birth defect anencephaly, which causes parts of the brain and skull to be missing.

Doctors - Labour - Ms - Davis - Pregnancy

After being told doctors could induce the labour early, Ms Davis decided to savour her pregnancy, knowing she could miscarry at anytime or have just a few moments with her daughter.

Against all the odds Rylei Arcadia arrived on Christmas Eve, weighing 6lbs, and lived a week before passing away in her parent's arms on New Year's Eve.

Life - Babies - Chance - Heart - Valves

Her short life gave other babies the chance to live after her heart valves were donated to two infants in need, with her lungs also going to a research foundation.

Speaking of her decision to continue with the pregnancy, Ms Davis said: 'Carrying her to full-term would mean we had the option to donate her organs so other mothers could bring home their babies when we couldn't.

Deal - Pregnancy - Majority - Strength - Everything

'That sealed the deal for us, for the entire pregnancy the majority of our strength came from her, it was very positive, and we did everything we could like most parents do.

'We found out her favourite band was Fleetwood Mac and did a lot of normal parent things but we also had an extra ounce to cherish that little more.'

Ordeal - Ms - Davis - Assistant - Manager

Throughout the traumatic ordeal, Ms Davis - an assistant manager - worked hard to stay positive.

'I knew I had to be happy throughout the entire pregnancy for her, there was no point putting myself or her through that when we had such limited time together,' she said.

Couple - Ms - Davis - Pregnancy

The couple were determined to enjoy Ms Davis' pregnancy and appreciated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!