A reporter covered a story on a missing 89-year-old with dementia and ended up finding the woman

Business Insider | 1/11/2019 | Kelly McLaughlin, INSIDER
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5c376a8bbde70f2b3b1799c2-750-375.jpg

Barbara Kasler, an 89-year-old woman with dementia, wandered away from her Shelby Township, Michigan, home on Wednesday at around 2:30 a.m.

Police K-9 units and a helicopter were sent to the area to look for the woman.

Night - Kasler - Temperatures - Low - Degrees

The night Kasler wandered off, temperatures hit a low of 24 degrees in Detroit.

WWJ reporter Mike Campbell found the woman at 7:30 a.m. while he was in the area covering the story.

Reporter - Detroit - Story - Woman - Dementia

A reporter in Detroit who was working on a story about a missing elderly woman with dementia ended up locating the 89-year-old himself.

Barbara Kasler, who has dementia, was reported missing from her Shelby Township, Michigan, home around 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday after wandering away from her home, police told local radio station WWJ.

Police - Person - Alert - Officers - Helicopter

Police issued a missing person alert, and officers deployed a helicopter and K-9 units as they searched for the 89-year-old woman.

WWJ reporter Mike Campbell was in the area working on the story at around 7:30 a.m. when he found the woman.

Kasler - Street - Pajamas - Slippers - Purse

He saw Kasler wandering the street in pajamas and slippers, carrying her purse.

"I was following a helicopter that was out looking for her," Campbell told WWJ. "I swear — I did a U-turn at an intersection and she wasn't there when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!