Child Sex Cult Allegations Against R. Kelly Are 15 Years Too Late

The Federalist | 1/11/2019 | Britt McHenry
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/6694175757_654252a8e8_o.jpg

Every day, a new detail is reported about the slew of sexual accusations against R&B singer R. Kelly. Every day a new musician or celebrity is speaking out against the music icon.

The only problem: This is a decades-old story. The call to action is, disgustingly, about 15 years too late.

Condemnation - Figures - Kelly - Victims - Incidents

Not only has the condemnation from public figures come too little, too late for Kelly’s victims, many of whom were underage when the incidents allegedly happened, it’s occurring only after a recent Lifetime docuseries, “Surviving R. Kelly,” aired.

Out of all the requests for celebrity interviews that went into production for the series, singer John Legend was the only person with the guts to speak on camera.

Celebrities - People - Kelly - Show - Executive

“When it comes to celebrities, it was incredibly difficult to get people who had collaborated [artistically] with Kelly to come forward,” the show’s executive producer, Dream Hampton, told the Detroit Free Press. “We asked Lady Gaga. We asked Erykah Badu. We asked Celine Dion. We asked Jay Z. We asked Dave Chapelle. (They’re) people who have been critical of him. That makes John Legend even more of a hero for me.”

Legend tweeted that partaking in the documentary was an “easy decision,” and labeled Kelly a “serial child rapist.”

Decision - Thought - Man - Transgressions - Parents

Yes, it should be a very easy decision. Not a thought should go into standing up against a man who has actually sung about his accused transgressions. In 2017, parents of alleged victims claimed Kelly was keeping their daughters against their will in a cult.

After that, Legend first addressed Kelly in a Times Up Movement campaign called #MuteRKelly. Kelly didn’t quietly slink into the night, no. He appeared to flaunt the accusations, releasing the song “I Admit.” It includes these lyrics: “I admit that I am not perfect, I never said I was perfect / Said I’m abusing these...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!