Beyonce’s Father Mathew Knowles Says Destiny’s Child ‘Did Not Leave Our Eyes’ When Working With R. Kelly

ET Canada | 1/10/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/1280_destinys_child_original_group_getty_75499601.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=720&h=480&crop=1

Mathew Knowles — Beyonce’s dad and Destiny’s Child’s manager — says he was extremely protective of the group when they worked with R. Kelly for a song that never made it onto their debut album.

In a new interview with Metro.co.uk, Knowles says that at the time, Destiny’s Child members Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett were teenagers. Kelly was managed by Sony, and Knowles claims that the singer’s manager at the time and the label would “almost force” other artists to record with their artists.

Kelly - Headlines - Lifetime - Surviving - R

Kelly has recently reappeared in headlines after Lifetime aired its “Surviving R. Kelly” docuseries. The six-part series featured interviews with several women who claim they were the subject of abuse and predatory behavior from the R&B singer, while other interviewees claim to have witnessed inappropriate behavior between him and his then-underaged protege, the late Aaliyah.

R. Kelly has long denied all allegations against him.

Knowles - Kelly - Group - Members - Tina

Knowles recalls working with Kelly, and says the group members didn’t leave his and ex-wife Tina Knowles Lawson’s sight during the process.

“I was there, and my former wife Tina was there,” he says. “The thing with R. Kelly was, he liked to record late at night, around midnight. And what was different with his studio was that one room had a recording suite, and next door was a club, with 40 or 50 people dancing.”

Girls - Bathroom - Tina - Eyes

“The girls were 15, 16. When they went to the bathroom, Tina would go with them,” he continues. “They did not leave our eyes.”

Knowles says he ended up rejecting the song for the group’s first album because he felt it wasn’t good enough.

“I personally rejected the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.