Jayme Closs has been found alive, Barron County sheriff says

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | 1/10/2019 | D. Kwas
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/01/11/PMJS/be6eb41e-97f0-40cb-bf53-49cb6dcd1669-closs.jpg?crop=732,418,x0,y13&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds

Missing teen Jayme Closs was found alive and a suspect is in custody, the Barron County Sheriff's Department reported on its Facebook page Thursday night.

Jayme vanished early Oct. 15 when sheriff’s deputies, responding to a 911 call, found the door to her family’s home near Barron kicked in. Her parents, James, 56, and Denise, 46, were found shot to death, but Jayme was missing. She had not been seen or heard from since.

Sheriff - Department - Thursday - Evening - Douglas

The Sheriff's Department was notified earlier Thursday evening by the Douglas County Sheriff's Office that it had located Jayme, 13, a student at Riverview Middle School in Barron, the Facebook post said.

A suspect was taken into custody shortly after Jayme was located, the Facebook post said.

Minneapolis - Star - Tribune - Source - Knowledge

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that a source with knowledge of the investigation said Jayme escaped from a home and approached a neighbor, identifying herself and asking the neighbor to call 911.

"I mean I’m shocked," Jayme's aunt, Kelly Engelhardt, told Minneapolis TV station KARE 11. "It's what we’ve prayed for every single day.

Person - Hope - Day - Hope - Love

"I honestly had faith. I figured if they hadn’t found her by now that the person that did this didn’t want her dead, so I had hope. Every day there was hope. We had too much love and support around us for us to give up."

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office confirmed on its website that Jayme was found in the Town of Gordon at 4:43 p.m. and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m.

KARE - Gordon - Town - Board - Chairman

KARE reported that the Gordon Town Board chairman said Jayme was found at Eau Claire Acres, a small development about six miles east of Gordon on Highway Y. Gordon is about 70 miles north of Barron along U.S. Route 53.

The Closs home sits in a wooded area along a main road.

Engelhardt - KARE

Engelhardt told KARE that she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Wake Up To Breaking News!