1000 Saints – Hand painted portraits of your favorite Catholic Saints

TOM PERNA | 1/9/2019 | Tom Perna
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://tomperna.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/1000-saints-2.jpg

I recently sat down with a former colleague by the name of Celeste Robbins. Celeste and I taught together at Saint Dominic Savio Catholic High School from 2010-2012. She is still teaching at the high school in Austin, Texas and is the Fine Arts Department Chairperson as well as the Art and Photography Instructor.

Tom: Hi Celeste. It’s great to talk to you.

Celeste - Great - Thanks - Interview

Celeste: Great to talk to you as well. Thanks so much for suggesting this interview.

Tom: I know we keep in touch via Facebook, which is how I learned about this project, but how do enjoy working at St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School?

Celeste - Art - Students - Pieces - Lot

Celeste: I still love teaching art. My students are creating beautiful pieces and winning a lot of recognition. Students are applying to and getting into the best art schools in the country and that makes me happy that I can help them get there.

Tom: That’s pretty great to hear. So, let’s talk about your project and business endeavor – 1000 Saints. How did you get started with 1000 Saints?

Celeste - Friday - Church - Stations - Cross

Celeste: On Good Friday, 2014, I was sitting in church after saying the Stations of the Cross. In the weeks prior, I had been thinking a lot about how as an art teacher I rarely take the time to make my own artwork. As I was thinking in church that day, I decided that if I am going to take the time to make my own work, I would really love to do it for the Glory of God. I had painted a few stylized saint portraits before and thought I’d keep going with those. The idea of 100 saints sounded like a good round number but very quickly that thought was amended to “No, I’ll paint 1000 saints!” and that’s how it started.

Tom: Awesome! Any motivating factors?

Celeste

Celeste: I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TOM PERNA
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?