Body of ‘healthy mother-of-two’, 28, is discovered by her devastated parents on New Year's Day

Mail Online | 1/9/2019 | Danyal Hussain For Mailonline
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/08/21/8284278-0-image-a-16_1546982236804.jpg

A previously healthy mother-of-two was found dead on New Year's Day - leaving her six-year-old daughter to ask if she can 'call mummy in heaven'.

Ashley Grundy, 28, was discovered at her home in Harrow, north London by her devastated parents Ash Selector, 54, and Sarah Grundy, 51, after deciding not to go out and celebrate the end of 2018 because she was 'not feeling well'.

Parents - Ashley - Daughter - Lailani - Son

Her parents were dropping Ashley's daughter Lailani, six, and her son Maverick, three, to her house in Harrow when they discovered the 28-year-old's body upstairs.

Heartbroken Sarah has revealed how Lailani is asking several questions about her mother, including if she can call her in heaven.

Ash - Sarah - Mother - Death - Children

Ash and Sarah shared how they've had to explain their mother's death to the young children.

Speaking to the Sun, Sarah said: 'We just told Lailani that mummy died and went to heaven. She said ''can I phone her?''

'I - Phones - Heaven

'I had to say, no they don't have phones up in heaven. She doesn't comprehend it.'

Police say they are not treating Ashley's passing as suspicious but an initial post-mortem failed to find the cause of death and further tests will take 10 weeks to shed light on what happened.

Ashley - Parents - GoFundMe - Page - Money

Ashley's parents have now set-up a GoFundMe page to try and raise money for the children she has left behind

Sarah, who lives in Stanmore with husband Ash, also revealed how they had last heard from Ashley on the evening of December 31.

New - Year - Weather - Night

They asked her to join them in celebrating the New Year but she declined, saying that she was feeling under the weather and wanted a quiet night in.

Her children were being looked...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!