LA SIERRA UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT WISBEY ANNOUNCES PLANS TO STEP DOWN

spectrummagazine.org | 1/8/2019 | Staff
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — (www.lasierra.edu) Randal R. Wisbey, president of La Sierra University since 2007, announced today that he will step down from the presidency on June 30 of this year.

In a letter to the university community, President Wisbey shared that the decision was a difficult one. “However,” he said, “due to the continuing challenges with my eyes following four eye surgeries within the last 18 months, and after much reflection, prayer, and counsel with my family, I have come to the conviction that this is the appropriate decision for me personally, as well as for the university.”

Ricardo - Graham - Chair - University - Board

Ricardo Graham, chair of the university Board of Trustees, said, “During the years that Randal Wisbey has served as president of La Sierra University, his leadership has been outstanding. He has led the university in difficult times, providing stability and focus as the leader of this world-class institution of higher learning. His courage, compassion, and educational leadership experience has been a blessing to La Sierra and the Seventh-day Adventist denomination. We wish him all the best.”

Faculty Senate Chair Leslie Martin noted that President Wisbey “has led our campus through some challenging waters, always tenaciously advocating for La Sierra University — and always with grace and diplomacy. He leaves us at a time of relative peace and stability, and although he will be sorely missed, we are grateful to have had him as a true partner in shared governance here at La Sierra. We wish many good things for him as he moves into this new phase of life.”

Dr - Wisbey - Tenure - La - Sierra

During Dr. Wisbey’s tenure as La Sierra University’s third president, the institution has grown and developed in significant ways:

• Total enrollment has expanded from 1,675 in 2007-08 to 2,356 in 2018-19.

Health - University - Endowment - %

• The financial health of the university grew, as did its endowment, which rose 63%, from $56.77...
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!