Mark Zuckerberg's 2019 resolution: Talk about the future of tech

CNET | 1/8/2019 | Queenie Wong
PinkPuffFairy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/VjXrupxWl-ezvCfM6njfkrY6GDs=/724x407/2018/05/01/a26f1915-a930-4bfa-9d48-f1e78ae9fe9c/facebook-f8-mark-zuckerberg-2018-0234.jpg

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

Facebook CEO and co-founder Mark Zuckerberg wants to talk about the future of technology.

Tuesday - Zuckerberg - Challenge - Series - Discussions

On Tuesday, Zuckerberg said his personal challenge for 2019 is to "host a series of public discussions about the future of technology in society -- the opportunities, the challenges, the hopes, and the anxieties."

The 34-year-old tech mogul plans to chat with leaders, experts and people in the community from different fields and share these discussions on Facebook, Instagram or other media.

Leader - World - Network - Lot - Company

The leader of the world's largest social network certainly has a lot to talk about, given the company's seemingly endless string of scandals last year.

"I'm an engineer, and I used to just build out my ideas and hope they'd mostly speak for themselves. But given the importance of what we do, that doesn't cut it anymore," Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post.

Questions - Do - Technology - People - Voice

Some of the questions he outlined include "Do we want technology to keep giving more people a voice, or will traditional gatekeepers control what ideas can be expressed?" and "Should we decentralize authority through encryption or other means to put...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care