‘Captain Marvel’ Star Lashana Lynch on How Maria Rambeau and Carol Danvers Are “Yin and Yang” [Set Visit Interview]

/Film | 1/8/2019 | Peter Sciretta
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Lashana-Lynch-captain-marvel-e1546968715960.jpg

Lashana Lynch plays Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel, and if you have read some Marvel comics, you may know that she a very important character in Carol Danvers’ world. On the set of the latest Marvel film, I had the opportunity to speak with Lynch about her character, the movie, and what it could all mean for the future of the MCU.

Note: This interview was conducted in a roundtable format with other journalists.

Question - Marvel

Question: So, what has Marvel said you’re allowed to say about this?

Lashana Lynch: That I’m a part of Marvel now. [laughter] That she is Maria Rambeau, the mother of Monica, who I know you all know and love like myself. She is a fighter pilot, very strong, very bold, very in control of herself. I’d say, in high demand with the industry that she’s in. Her and Brie’s [Larson] character Carol Danvers are very close friends, they’re best friends, in fact. She had to go through a lot of grief when Carol disappeared and then suddenly she’s back, and she has to kind of reverse that grief and make it work for this, picking up of a friendship, which is kind of strange but ends up really beautifully. She’s just an incredible character to play. It’s nice to see someone on the page who doesn’t yet have a fully fleshed personality and who you can then inject wherever you want to. And that’s quite a treat, for a Marvel character, you know?

Question - How - Carol

Question: How long has it been since Carol disappeared or whatever happened to her?

Lashana Lynch: Oh, I don’t know if I’m allowed…a long time, a really long time, enough for me to say…enough for me to come out of denial and then think that maybe she is alive, and then no, actually she isn’t yet years have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!