‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ ‘A Star Is Born,’ ‘Westworld’ Pick Up Cinema Audio Society Nominations

Variety | 1/8/2019 | Kristopher Tapley
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/bohemian-rhapsody-a-quiet-place-westworld.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The Cinema Audio Society has announced nominees for excellence in sound mixing for 2018 films and television series.

In the film categories, music-driven hits “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “A Star Is Born” each scored nominations, though musical “Mary Poppins Returns” was passed over. “Black Panther,” “First Man” and “A Quiet Place” rounded out the live action slate.

Nomination - Star - Status - Oscar - Season

With its nomination, “A Star Is Born” maintains its status as the only Oscar season contender that has been nominated by every single guild or industry group.

Animated nominees were “Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch,” “Incredibles 2,” “Isle of Dogs,” “Ralph Breaks the Internet” and “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.”

Documentaries - Fahrenheit - Solo - Quincy - Me

Documentaries nominated included “Fahrenheit 11/9,” “Free Solo,” “Quincy,” “They’ll Love Me When I’m Dead” and “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”

In the television categories, “Better Call Saul,” “Ozark,” “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” and “Westworld” all scored in the one-hour department. Half-hour series nominees were “Ballers,” “Barry,” “Modern Family,” “Mozart in the Jungle” and “Silicon Valley.”

TV - Movies - Series - Ballot - Assassination

TV movies or limited series on the ballot include “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story,” “Escape at Dannemora,” “Fahrenheit 451,” “Genius: Picasso” and “The Romanoffs.” Finally, in the non-fiction, variety...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...