Teacher who fed sick puppy to snapping turtle in front of pupils found NOT guilty of animal cruelty

Mail Online | 1/5/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/05/02/8149320-0-image-a-5_1546654860321.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/03/13/5550838979658205985/1024x576_MP4_5550838979658205985.mp4

An Idaho teacher who fed a sick puppy to a snapping turtle in front of several shocked students has been found not guilty of animal cruelty.

Preston Junior High School science teacher Robert Crosland was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty in June.

Witnesses - Swam - Bottom - Tank - Snapping

Witnesses testified the puppy swam around before it was dragged to the bottom of the tank by the snapping turtle and became unconscious.

But a jury found him not guilty of animal cruelty after his defense attorney did not dispute the claims but argued 'we don't believe a crime was committed'.

Crosland - Misery - Interview - Investigators

Crosland had argued he was 'putting the puppy out of its misery' in an interview with investigators.

Thing - Life - Suffer

He said: 'I honestly thought I was doing the right thing. That's what's been so hard in seeing all this because that's what I've been taught my whole life not to let the animal suffer.'

Prosecutor David Morris said the incident occurred after normal school hours with four students present, WTVR reports.

Student - 'small - Cute - Lab - Crosland

One student, 14, said he played with and touched the 'small, cute' puppy which 'looked like a lab' before Crosland is said to have first tried feeding it to snake.

The teen said he moved it to the turtle's tank when the snake did not eat it.

Students - Puppy - Ribs

Students said the puppy 'wasn't doing its best' and that you could see its ribs.

Crosland's son, Mario, argued this is why his father had fed the puppy to the turtle and said: 'If you can lose a life to help another, then why not.'

Verdict - Crosland - Community

Following the verdict Crosland said: 'I'd like to thank this community for staying behind me. It's really what got me through all...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care