Bernie Sanders says he was too involved with White House run to know about sexual harassment claims

Mail Online | 1/4/2019 | Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/03/23/8107390-0-image-a-206_1546559366351.jpg

Bernie Sanders said he didn't know women in his 2016 presidential campaign were being harassed because he was too busy running for the Democratic nomination.

'I was a little bit busy running around the country trying to make the case,' he told CNN Wednesday night when asked if he knew about the allegations at the time.

Sanders - Senator - Vermont - Apology - Women

Sanders, a senator from Vermont, offered a long, rambling apology to the women who worked for him.

'When our campaign grew I think we started with three or four paid employees and over a period of, I think, 3 months we went up to, I think, 1,200 employees. And I'm not going to sit here and tell you that we did everything right in terms of human resources and in terms of addressing the things that I'm hearing from now that women for disrespected that there was sexual harassment which was not dealt with as effectively as possible,' he said.

Reelection - Vermont - Set - Principles - Terms

'What I well tell you that when I ran for reelection in 2018 in Vermont we put forward the strongest set of principles in terms of demanding a training, in terms of women if they felt harassed had an independent firm they could go to. And I think that's the gold standard of what we should be doing,' he went to say.

He finally concluded: 'So I certainly apologize to any woman who felt she wasn't treated appropriately and certainly if I run again we will do better.'

Sanders

Sanders was responding...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton