Netflix Pulls Episode of Muslim-American's Comedian’s Show After Saudi Arabia Complains

CNS News | 1/3/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/hasan_minhaj.png

Muslim-American comedian Hasan Minhaj, formerly of the “Daily Show,” called on the United States to “reassess” its relationship with Saudi Arabia during an episode of his show “Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.”

Minhaj began the episode titled “Saudi Arabia” by commenting on the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, calling it “the most unbelievable cover story since Blake Shelton won Sexiest Man Alive.”

Cover-up - Exists - Reason - Minhaj - Saudi

“This entire cover-up exists for one reason,” Minhaj said. He criticized Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman (commonly referred to as MBS).

“It blows my mind that it took the killing of a Washington Post journalist for everyone to go, ‘Oh, I guess he’s really not a reformer.”

Time - Relationship - Saudi - Arabia - Minhaj

“Now would be a good time to reassess our relationship with Saudi Arabia,” Minhaj said in the “And I mean that as a Muslim, and as an American.”

“Remember, America hates terrorists. Saudi Arabia gave them passports. Saudi Arabia was basically the boy band manager of 9/11. They didn’t write the songs, but they helped get the group together,” he said.

Deadline - Reports - Minhaj - Criticism - Saudi

Deadline reports that Minhaj’s criticism prompted the Saudi government to contact Netflix, citing a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!