Sanders: ‘I Was a Little Bit Busy’ to Know About Sexual Harassment Allegations During 2016 Campaign

Washington Free Beacon | 1/3/2019 | Cameron Cawthorne
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/sanders.png

BY: Cameron Cawthorne

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) on Wednesday said he "was a little bit busy" during the 2016 Democratic midterms when asked to respond to a report about sexual harassment allegations on his campaign.

New - York - Times - Wednesday - Giulianna

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that Giulianna Di Lauro, a Latino outreach strategist for Sanders’s presidential campaign, filed a complaint against a surrogate to Sanders' campaign, saying that he told her she had "beautiful curly hair"and that he wanted to touch her hair. She said that she consented and then he ran his hand through her hair in a "sexual way" and continued to push boundaries.

"I just wanted to be done with it so badly," she told the Times. She then said that she reported the incident to Bill Velazquez, a manager on the Latino outreach team, but she claimed that he made light of the incident, saying, "I bet you would have liked it if he were younger." She said he then laughed about the encounter.

Sanders - CNN - AC360 - Report - Host

Sanders appeared on CNN's "AC360," where he was asked about the report. Host Anderson Cooper asked whether he was aware of the allegations during the campaign and if he can ensure that something like this doesn't happen again...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!