Apple blew my mind – literally, says woman: MagSafe plug sparked face-torching blaze, lawsuit claims

www.theregister.co.uk | 1/17/2018 | Staff
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2017/01/25/burning_laptop.jpg

Apple used to sell its MagSafe technology as a way to prevent accidents. Now the iGiant faces a $75,000 lawsuit over claims its discontinued power adapter connector set a woman ablaze.

In a complaint filed on Wednesday in a US federal district court in Chicago, Illinois, plaintiff Penny Manzi alleges that early last year a defective MagSafe adapter ignited the oxygen in the mask she wore for her chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma, and emphysema.

January - Apple - MagSafe - Adapter - Flash

"On January 17, 2018, defendant Apple's MagSafe Adapter defectively sparked and started a flash fire, engulfing the plaintiff Penny K. Manzi's face and skull in flames," the complaint says, adding that Mazi suffered "serious and substantial personal injuries" as a result.

The complaint alleges Apple acknowledged that its MagSafe Adapter was prone to fraying, sparking, melting, and overheating through an extended warranty program in which customers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!