Golden Globes Honoree Jeff Bridges Reflects on ‘Great Life’ in Showbiz

Variety | 1/2/2019 | Kristopher Tapley
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/Jeff-Bridges-Cecil-B-DeMille-Award-Golden-Globes.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Jeff Bridges grew up with show business in his veins. His father, the late Lloyd Bridges, was a gregarious sort who not only loved the making of movies, but the selling of them as well. He would encourage his children to give it a go. “This is a great life,” he would tell them.

Still, like any rebellious kid, the younger Bridges — who will receive the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn.’s Cecil B. DeMille Award for career achievement at the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 6 — was resistant to chasing his father’s chosen trade. He wanted to be a musician instead, or an artist. “I had maybe 10 movies under my belt before I thought I could do this for the rest of my life,” he said in 2009.

Passion - Six - Movie - Career - Infant

Eventually the passion kicked in. Six decades into a movie career that technically began when he was a 6-month-old infant on the set of John Cromwell’s 1951 film “The Company She Keeps,” the 69-year-old actor has moved in and out of the character actor space with ease, crafted award-winning lead performances with equal aplomb and maintained his trademark laid-back attitude throughout.

Bill Hader's Winding Road From Stefon to the Dark Laughs of 'Barry'

Days - Father - Television - Sea - Hunt

Early days found him opposite his father in television’s “Sea Hunt” and “The Lloyd Bridges Show.” He caught his feature film stride right out of the gate, though, with Peter Bogdanovich’s 1971 “The Last Picture Show.” For his performance as Duane Jackson, a teenager searching for direction in the dust of 1951 North Texas, Bridges earned his first of seven Oscar nominations. He marvels today at how low-key the occasion was then. There was no campaigning or interviews building up to the big day. Just a phone call with the happy news.

Bridges would become a vital ingredient for directors...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.