Alex Ross Perry & Elisabeth Moss Talk ‘Her Smell’ & Debut New Song From The Punk Rock Film

The Playlist | 1/2/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Her-Smell-Alex-Ross-Perry-Elisabeth-moss.jpg

One of the standout films from last fall’s festival circuit is Alex Ross Perry’s “Her Smell.” Unlike some of the film’s Tiff-debuting brethren, “Her Smell” has yet to make its way to theaters. However, that’s going to change in a couple months, and to kick off the anticipation for the film, Perry and star Elisabeth Moss talk about the film and debut a new song from the punk rock soundtrack.

For those unaware, “Her Smell” tells the story of Becky Something (Moss), a frontwoman for a punk band that has seen better days. Due to her own mental illness, compounded by addiction, the character can’t seem to get back on her feet. That is, until she takes a new band under her wing and begins trying to relive her glory days through this new project.

Drama - Perry - Smell - A - Star

But even though that might sound like your run-of-the-mill musical drama, Perry promises that “Her Smell” isn’t going to be like “A Star is Born.”

“It’s raw, it’s aggressive, and vulgar, and irritating, and improper, and combative,” the filmmaker says to EW. “I wanted to make the movie where the people that think women in rock ends in the ‘70s would look at this and go, ‘Oh, well, this is filth, I hate this kind of music, I hate these kinds of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction