How an Abolitionist, Joan of Arc & a Full Moon Taught Me How to Show Up For a Meaningful Life [Day 1, Part 1]

Ann Voskamp | 1/1/2019 | Staff
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/38/75760523_7d7c2c4ee0_o.jpg

In the early dark of the first day of the New Year, I walk fields under the third quarter of a waning crescent moon.

Genuine faith always ships genuine hope.

Moon - Year - Emancipation - Half - Way

And it’s that waning moon in a new year that makes me think of emancipation and what an abolitionist half way around the world told me back in August.

How when they pulled the lid off the shipping container in Istanbul, there are 30 bloated bodies of young girls —- and 28 seat drenched girls gasping for one breath of air that isn’t thick with the stench of rotting evil.

Abolitionist - Front - Breathless - Time

The abolitionist who’s standing in front of me telling me this, she’s talking so fast. Breathless. Like there’s only so much time.

The abolitionist, Christine Caine, a global evangelist born in Australia and raised by Greek parents with her own personal trauma of systematic sexual abuse, she gestures, past me, past Selena Gomez and her friend Ashley, who are broth sitting across the table from me, past a whole team of abolitionists gathered around this table in Thessaloniki, Greece — and Caine points toward the window.

Greek - Streets - Window - Dock - Mediterranean

Toward the Greek streets outside her window, toward the dock and the Mediterranean. And the more than 14 million containers circling the globe this very moment as she’s standing here talking to me. Shipping containers of Cheerios and double-ply toilet paper and stacks of Persian rugs destined for our pantry and back shelves and floors.

But how many of those shipping containers have fake interior walls with sealed pitch-black chambers where girls slowly suffocate to death?

Hope - Face - People - God

Hope shows its face whenever the people of God show up.

How many women are wildly and desperately pounding on how many container’s sides, begging an indifferent world to actually hear?

Caine - Table - Greece

Caine tells those of us seated around this table in Greece that that there would be no...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!