Christian, You Are Not the Center of the Universe & It’s Not All About You

ChurchLeaders | 1/1/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1.1.HOME_.CC.NotCenterUniverse.jpg

I recently revisited an old post on this blog, and I was struck by how relevant it still is and how helpful it might be to post it again (you can read the original here, if you’d like).

Surrounded as we are by sales pitches, hysterical rhetoric and outright propaganda, it’s far too easy for us to develop a skewed view of what is happening in the world around us. Self-centered as we are, it comes naturally to think of ourselves as the center of the universe and to believe that our concerns define the human experience. And unfortunately, we often allow our small and distorted perspective to limit our awareness of what God is doing.

Post - Reading - Book - History - Christian

Back when I originally wrote this post, I had recently finished reading a book that introduced me to the history of the Christian church in Japan, which dates back at least to 1549—and some believe it may go back much farther, to 400 AD. In the 1600s, a period of intense persecution drove Christians underground or to their deaths and helped fuel the severe isolationist policy of Japan that lasted until the late 1800s. But the church, although a tiny 1 percent of the population, has survived and continues today.

I decided to do more reading, and I discovered several reports that claimed what this Christianity Today article describes: In the wake of the devastating March 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Northern Japan, Japanese Christians had an audience—unprecedented in our times—for the gospel among their fellow citizens. This was in a country long known as the least receptive to Christianity.

Add - News - Growth - Christianity - China

Add that to ongoing news about the growth of Christianity in China, where one credible estimate from several years ago says there are at least 67 million Christians and some estimate more than 100 million. And consider the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!