MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE: ADVENTIST MUSICIAN NETWORK STIRS UP THE STATUS QUO

spectrummagazine.org | 12/31/2018 | Staff
Sarah Sulton tells all about the group working to promote better diversity in the world of Adventist church music.

Question: You are CEO of the Adventist Musician Network. When did the group start and why?

Answer - Adventist - Musician - Network - Networking

Answer: The Adventist Musician Network is a networking group where Adventist musicians, singers, and music ministry participants can network, share information, and/or dialogue about music or the management of music departments within their local churches. This group discusses how to improve the quality of music within Seventh-day Adventist churches and professionally.

AMN was originally created in 2015 by Sean Wilson, a keyboardist from Florida, with the intent to provide resources, support, and networking among Seventh-day Adventist musicians worldwide.

Pastor - Part - Membership - Relationships - Voice

We include the local pastor as a part of our membership to build relationships and to give voice to concerns from the musician’s perspective.

AMN defines “musician” inclusively to include vocalists, choir members, choir directors, praise and worship team members and leaders, professional recording artists, instrumentalists, and performance musicians. Our membership is international and primarily comprises contemporary Christian music and gospel categories, but also incorporates diverse musical styles that are based on Philippians 4:8.

December - Sean - Leadership - AMN - Group

In December 2017, I was asked by Sean to assume leadership of the AMN group and take it to the next level. After careful prayer and seeking the Lord’s wisdom and direction, I became the CEO and voice for the Adventist Musician Network.

I have been very blessed to have an executive team to help implement the vision that God has given me for this next phase in AMN’s journey. The AMN executive team includes A. Kirk Blackwood, Joel Goodwin, Karen Cannonier-Harris, Pastor Kimberly Bulgin, Florace Alleyne, Darrell Alexander, Thomas McPhee, Angelina Jenkins Nichols, and Sean Wilson.

Adventist - Musician - Network - Facebook - Page

The Adventist Musician Network Facebook page has over 2,000 members. Where are the members located? Is the Facebook page the primary place...
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep