Steph & Dom solve your sex, love & life troubles: How do I tell my husband I want a divorce? 

Mail Online | 12/30/2018 | Steph And Dom Parker For The Daily Mail
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/30/23/7968460-0-image-a-66_1546212232889.jpg

TV’s Steph and Dom Parker, 51 and 54, draw on their 20 years of marriage to solve your relationship problems . . .

Q: My husband and I have been married for 27 years. Things haven’t been going well for a very long time. We argue all the time, it’s a horrible atmosphere. But we have three children, so decided to stay together for their sake.

October - Daughter - University - Understanding - Part

This October, however, our youngest daughter left for university. It was always my understanding that we would part ways once this happened. Yet my husband keeps avoiding the issue. I get the impression that he’s hoping I’ve forgotten about it. Things can’t go back to normal though.

I know that this marriage isn’t right for me. He doesn’t make me happy any more. I’m about to turn 50 and can’t bear the idea of another year pretending everything’s OK, when it’s not. It’s time to end things.

Heart - Husband - Divorce

I know this is going to break his heart, but how can I tell my husband I want a divorce?

STEPH SAYS: January isn’t called ‘divorce month’ for nothing. Lawyers brace themselves for an almost 30 per cent rise in divorce instructions as soon as New Year celebrations are over.

Advice - Champagne - Bottles - Tinsel - Sit

And my advice to you, similarly, is don’t delay. Once the champagne bottles are cleared away and the tinsel packed up, sit him down and tell him now is the time to broach the thorny subject of your marriage.

My guess is the children are well aware of your problems. It sounds a fairly friendless, as well as loveless, relationship and the kids will be expecting you to announce a split. I don’t think you have to worry about them right now — your biggest focus should be on you.

Years - Marriage - Achievement

Incidentally, I don’t dismiss 27 years of marriage lightly. It’s an achievement to be respected...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!